Concealed Weapons License & Safety Class
Interested in getting your “Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License”?
That’s actually what it is going to say on your License. Why? Because it actually covers more than just a firearm.
Instructors refer to this as the “Permit Class” or “CWL Class” (Concealed Weapons License Class) which emphasizes the safe handling of a defensive handgun and is a required class for your State of Florida conceal carry application.
Register for your class HERE with no Down Payment
Once you have completed this class, you can apply for your Florida Concealed Carry License.
Plus, the opportunities for advanced training will open and allow you to increase your skills.
Class Cost is $79 and Includes:
- Classroom and Range Training time.
- The use of our handguns and ammo – or bring your own.
- Range Fee is extra and paid directly to the range – $20 for Gainesville area classes.
Upcoming Class Dates in the Gainesville area:
- Saturday, February 15th – Rural King Store in Gainesville
- Saturday, March 7th – Rural King Store in Gainesville
- Sunday, March 8th – BSF Range (15 miles North of Gainesville)
- Saturday, March 21st – Rural King Store in Gainesville
- Saturday, April 4th – Rural King Store in Gainesville
- Sunday, April 5th – BSF Range (15 miles North of Gainesville)
This class starts very promptly at 9am (we suggest arriving 20 minutes early) and finishes at the range between 4 and 5 pm.
All of the required topics are covered completely and thoroughly. We can assure you that the information is extensive and exceeds the requirements by the State of Florida.
The knowledge to help keep you physically, legally, financially, and morally safe.
- Personal Protection Plan
- Handgun Safety
- Shooting Fundamentals
- The Legal Use of Force
- Violent Encounters and Their Aftermath
- Gear, and Added Equipment
- Florida Carry Law
- Advanced Training Opportunities
- and much, much more…
Physically shooting is required by the State of Florida to show competency in the handling, safety, and basic marksmanship of a pistol. Personalized student instruction is given to insure each student is able to accomplish the requirements. Upon completion, a certificate will be issued to the student at the class.
Range Fee is not included and paid directly to the range being used for training. Range fee in the Gainesville area is $20. Location information will be provided upon registration. If your class is located away from the Gainesville area your cost may differ and you will be notified.
Do NOT purchase a weapon for your conceal permit/safety class. One will be provided (handgun and ammo) and is included in the class fee. Instruction will be given during the class to help you purchase the correct firearm for you. If you already own a handgun, please bring it to the range along with your regular target ammo normally used.
PLEASE Remember to Register for your class.
We will not refuse walk-in students unless unqualified, but strongly encourage registration for everyone’s benefit.